My daughter’s own recipe! Just add mashed avocado and spices to tomato to top your favorite healthy light toast, The healthy fat from the avocado enhances the absorption of lycopene, the good anti-oxidants in the tomatoes. A snack to stay fuller longer, too! One slice of avocado toast is 100 calories… the perfect portion!
- 1 medium Haas avocado, pitted
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Per Slice:
- 1 slice light wheat bread
- 2 slices fresh tomato
- Garlic powder
- 2 basil leaves
- Scoop avocado out of the peel and place in a small mixing bowl. Use a heavy fork to mash the avocado until it is spreadable, but still chunky.
- Add the lemon juice to the avocado, and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the wheat bread to your liking.
- Spread 1∕5 of the mashed avocado onto the toasted wheat bread. Cover, and refrigerate any unused avocado for up to 3 days.
- Top the avocado toast with 2 slices of fresh tomato, and lightly season the tomato with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place fresh basil leaves over the tomato before serving.
HELPFUL TIP: This recipe makes enough mashed avocado to prepare 5 slices of avocado toast. If you are preparing all 5 slices at once, you will need about 2 small tomatoes to make the 10 slices of tomato needed.