These cookies pack all the flavors of a holiday pumpkin pie, with only 100 calories per cookie. They are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and are studded with chopped pecans for great texture and flavor. Just be sure to buy 100% pure canned pumpkin and not “pumpkin pie filling,” which is already sweetened and seasoned.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup pure canned pumpkin
- 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and spray 3 cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl or electric mixer, cream together the sugar and butter. Stir in pumpkin and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, folding until all is combined into dough. Fold the chopped pecans into the dough.
- Drop tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, at least 2 ½ inches apart, and press down to flatten. You should have enough dough to make 3 dozen cookies.
- Bake each sheet of cookies for 15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and firm to the touch. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
HELPFUL TIP: For the most even cooking, it is best to bake these in 3 batches, rather than filling your oven racks all at once, as that limits the flow of hot air.