Need a festive appetizer? Try our NEW Perfect Portion recipe highlighting a fall favorite flavor – pumpkin!
Author: The Perfect Portion
Recipe type: Entertaining
Makes: 8 portions
- 1-2 large cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water or vegetable stock
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅔ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- salt to taste
- To saute the garlic, heat oil in pan on medium until begins to bubble. Simmer the peeled clove in a pan for 6-8 minutes over low/medium heat ,until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Puree garlic, water/stock, chick peas, pumpkin and honey in a food processor until smooth. Add more water/stock as needed. Stir in the spices, and leave some to sprinkle on top when serving. If desired, drizzle ¼ to ½ teaspoon additional honey on top before serving.
HELPFUL TIP: Serve with whole grain crackers, pear or apple slices.
Serving size: ¼ cup Calories: 100