Our culinary tricks were at work with this recipe to make it better for you without compromising on flavor. We used extra lean ground beef, but added minced zucchini and onion to make it moist. Plus, we added some extra veggies to your dinner! Shh, the kids will never know!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 ½ pounds (93%) lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup minced yellow onion
- ½ cup minced zucchini
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, use your hands to mix all the ingredients except the ketchup, folding until well combined.
- Spread the meatloaf mixture into the prepared loaf pan, and pat it down to smooth out the top. Spread the ketchup over the top of the entire loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour. Let rest for 8 minutes before slicing into ½-inch-thick slices.
HELPFUL TIP: Mincing the yellow onion and zucchini can be done quickly in a food processor, though you can also grate the zucchini using a cheese grater.