Mona’s Family Favorites: I LOVE chocolate! I found that using semisweet chocolate chips produced knockout fudgy flavor and allowed us to slightly reduce the butter without noticing! Also, I bake the brownies in mini-muffin tins for a PERFECT portion with plenty of the crispy edges that we all crave. Yum, no, super yum!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and spray a 24-cup mini-muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium sauce pot over medium heat, melt butter into milk, then whisk in sugar until dissolved.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, remove from heat, and slowly fold in chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Add eggs and vanilla extract, and stir until all is combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt before folding into the chocolate mixture to create a smooth and thick batter.
- Split the batter evenly amongst the 24 prepared muffin cups, adding 1 ½ tablespoons of batter to each cup.
- Bake for 15–17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a brownie comes out mostly clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
HELPFUL TIP: You can also prepare this in an 8 x 8-inch baking dish by increasing the baking time to 22–25 minutes. Cut the cake into 4 rows by 3 rows to make 12 delicious brownies with only 200 calories each.