Mona’s Family Favorites: Easy is often the most delicious! This is my go-to dessert whenever I throw a party for family or friends. The simple combination of fresh berries, cinnamon-scented
Greek yogurt, and chocolate makes an elegant, guilt-free finish to any meal. You always have to add a little chocolate, right? While this combination of fruit is our favorite, the variations are nearly endless. Serve in martini glasses for a festive presentation.
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt
- Ground cinnamon
- ½ cup blueberries
- 2 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Set out 2 (5-ounce) parfait glasses.
- Divide the sliced strawberries evenly between the 2 glasses.
- Place a large dollop of the yogurt into each of the 2 glasses, and sprinkle lightly with ground cinnamon.
- Top the yogurt in each glass with an equal amount of the blueberries.
- Top the blueberries in each glass with another large dollop of yogurt, and sprinkle lightly with ground cinnamon. Top each parfait with 1 teaspoon of miniature chocolate chips before serving.
HELPFUL TIP: Any flavor of nonfat Greek yogurt can be used in place of the vanilla, with berry flavors being obviously good choices. Topping each parfait with 2 rounded tablespoons of Homemade Granola (see page 272) in place of the chocolate chips will make for great 150-calorie breakfast parfaits.