Forget about the packaged powder dips… bring your own amazing onion dip made with caramelized onions. The secret ingredient for the perfect 100 calorie portion? Greek Yogurt!
Forget about packaged powdered dips. We build layers of phenomenal flavor by first caramelizing onions and then mixing in bold seasonings. Cool, creamy, and loaded with onion flavor, this is a dip that you won’t want to wait to dive into!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced yellow onions
- 18 ounces plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 ½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Place the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, and cook until well caramelized, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooled onions and all the remaining ingredients, folding until well mixed.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving garnished with additional chives, if desired.
HELPFUL TIP: Two cups of diced yellow onions is about the yield of two medium onions. Sweet yellow (Vidalia) onions are recommended over Spanish onions, as the natural sugars in the Vidalia onions will help them caramelize in step 1.