Our moist and tender party meatballs hit all the parts of your taste buds, keeping you coming back for more. We boost the flavor of these miniature morsels by generously seasoning the meat with bold ingredients and then simmering them in a rich and tangy sauce. To keep the meatballs warm on a party buffet, simply serve them in a slow cooker set to low heat.
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons minced yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large mixing bowl, use your hands to combine all meatball ingredients, except the canola oil.
- Form the meatball mixture into 24 meatballs that are 1 inch in size (about the size of a ping-pong ball).
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the meatballs to the skillet, and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a large sauce pot over medium heat and stir to combine.
- Transfer the browned meatballs into the sauce ,and toss to coat. Cover, and let cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve stuck with toothpicks to easily pick up.
½ cup ketchup
⅓ cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 teaspoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon onion powder
HELPFUL TIP: These can also be made with extra lean (99% fat-free) ground turkey, if you prefer, though the final result will have nearly the same amount of calories.