Mona’s Family Favorites: I LOVE avocado. It’s one of those healthy ingredients that creates creaminess with less fat than mayonnaise. In this recipe, we used puréed fresh avocado instead of the egg yolk and Parmesan cheese. Not only does the avocado make this dressing thick and creamy, it also adds nutrients, great flavor, and only unsaturated fat! This delicious Avocado Caesar Dressing knocks it out of the park.
- 1 medium Haas avocado, halved, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the avocado in a food processor, and process until mostly smooth.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the Parmesan cheese, and process until smooth and combined.
- Fold the Parmesan cheese into the dressing, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Store refrigerated for up to 1 week.
HELPFUL TIP: Anchovy paste can often be found in the Italian food aisle, although 2 whole canned anchovies can be used in its place.