Mona’s Family Favorites: Martha’s Vineyard is my happy place! Every summer my family and I enjoy lazy beach days, bike rides, game nights, purchasing island-grown fruit and veggies at the farmer’s market, and preparing delicious homemade meals on the porch. The cool, crisp texture of these brightly seasoned veggies make the ideal refreshing meal for a warm summer day.
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen corn kernels, thawed (see tip)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in a large serving bowl, and toss to combine.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
HELPFUL TIP: You can also make this with 3 ears of fresh corn, boiled for just 4 minutes and cooled completely before removing the kernels from the cobs to prepare the salad.