We’ve packed our granola with whole-grain oats, pecans, raisins, spices, and a small amount of brown sugar and oil for a fortified, absolutely delicious on-the-go snack. Also, thanks to its great crunch, its just as satisfying as a yogurt or even ice cream topping.
- 2 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 300°F, and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the oats, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey and canola oil, and then pour over the oat mixture, tossing to evenly coat.
- Spread the coated granola on the prepared sheet pan in a thin layer, and bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Let the granola cool for at least 15 minutes before tossing with raisins to serve. Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
HELPFUL TIP: Any combination of dried fruit can be used in place of the raisins, though nutritional information provided is for 1 cup (unpacked) of raisins.