Mona’s Family Favorites: Not only is kale one of the most nutrient-dense vegetables out there, I also have an amazing little secret. When roasted, kale crisps up just like a potato chip! And did we mention that it tastes great as well? These chips truly are a snack you can feel good about eating! You will be amazed!
- 1 bunch kale, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove the leaves from the stems of the kale and break into bite-size pieces. Discard stems.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the kale pieces in a mixture of the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to coat.
- Spread the coated kale pieces on a sheet pan in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges of the kale have browned.
- Sprinkle the baked kale with Parmesan cheese, and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
HELPFUL TIP: Kitchen scissors make quick (and very precise) work of removing the kale leaves from the stems.