Craving a delicious snack while shopping at the mall this season? Those cinnamon sugar aromas from the pretzel kiosk are tempting… instead, pack yourself a Perfect Portion 100 calorie pack of our delicious Cinnamon Roasted Carnival Almonds. Keep an extra bag in the glove compartment for the next shopping trip! Yum!
- 16 ounces raw shelled almonds
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 250°F, and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss almonds in the egg white and vanilla extract until all are evenly coated.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add ⅓ of the cinnamon-sugar mixture to the almonds, and toss until well coated.
- Spread the coated almonds in a single layer on the paper-lined sheet pan, and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour, shaking the pan to stir halfway through. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
HELPFUL TIP: Using raw or “natural” almonds in this recipe is an absolute must, as pre-roasted almonds will over-roast and get bitter upon baking. If you can’t find raw almonds in the baking aisle, check the end caps in the produce section, as they often have fresh seeds and nuts there as well.